No. 9 Gulf Coast breaks in new field Sunday
Published 3:09 pm Thursday, September 1, 2022
PERKINSTON — The No. 9 Mississippi Gulf Coast men’s soccer team expects a tough test Sunday when it plays its first real game on the new artificial turf at Bary Thrash Field.
Patrick & Henry Community College visits Perk for a 6 p.m. kickoff. The game will be streamed at https://mgcccbulldogs.com/watch, weather permitting. Tickets, including season tickets, are available at http://mgcccbulldogs.com/tickets.
The surface was installed over the summer, and the team has reaped the benefits of it during a rainy August. The Bulldogs were able to practice on their field throughout the month, slowed for safety reasons only by lightning delays.
- MGCCC: 2-1
- Patrick & Henry: 3-0 (Before Friday’s game at Jones)
Last Time Out
- MGCCC pounded Andrew College 14-0 on Sunday in Georgia. Nine different Bulldogs scored.
- Patrick & Henry won 3-1 at Greensboro College last Saturday before a 3-3 tie in an exhibition at Ferrum College and Friday’s game at Jones.
This will be the first meeting between the teams.
- Patrick & Henry beat Gulf Coast out for an at-large berth in the inaugural NJCAA Division II Men’s Soccer Championship. The Gulf South District and the Atlantic District had one berth between them, and the Patriots were selected.
- Friday, Sept. 9: vs. St. Louis, Meridian, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 16: vs. Hinds, Perkinston, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 20: at Holmes, Ridgeland, 3 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC’s 11 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.