Alcohol in greenspace?
Published 7:00 am Saturday, September 27, 2014
To the Mayor, City Manager and City Council:
We are two adults who have been excited about the development of the Green Space and are very concerned and opposed to the sale of any kind of alcohol at the city owned property. The Green Space was such a noble concept. Please don’t downgrade it.
We have some questions we would like answered by the city council through the Picayune Item including:
• Who would distribute and profit from the sale of alcohol?
• Why do you feel this will help our city?
• What kind of example is this to our youth?
• In what ways do you consider the sale of alcohol improving our city?
• We were led to believe the Green Space was to be a family oriented endeavor and would enhance the lives of people of our city, who changed the image of its use?
Arlis and Nell Grice