Lockdown ends at PMHS
The lockdown that resulted from a bomb threat at Picayune Memorial High School earlier today was lifted at 2:05 p.m., said Brent Harrell, Picayune Municipal Separate School District assistant superintendent.
Harrell said the students were sent back to class, and would be sent home at the regular time. Harrell said the bomb threat was written on a boys’ bathroom wall in the high school, and was reported between 12:45 and 1 p.m.
Picayune Deputy Chief of Police David Ervin said the school had been cleared, and no explosive devices were found.
For more information about this story, see the Tuesday, Sept. 25 edition of the Picayune Item.