Sanders announces candidacy
Published 7:07 pm Wednesday, August 1, 2007
I, Lisa Roche Sanders would like to announce my candidacy on the Republican ticket for the office of Coroner.
I am 38 years old and the daughter of Ben and Connie Roche of West Union in Carriere. I am a wife of 12 years to Steven Sanders of Picayune and together we have two wonderful children, Annika and Conner. I attend the First United Methodist Church and work as an independent consultant.
After graduating high school, I attended Pearl River Community College’s nursing program. During my nursing education I realized that I was more interested in the treatment and care of the deceased. It was at this early point in my life that I realized that my calling in life was to work with the deceased. In 1995, I began my education in criminal justice with an emphasis in forensic science. I attended the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, participating in their criminal justice program which allowed me the opportunity to participate in training and coursework related to criminal death investigation and autopsies.
I am a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi with a Baccalaureate degree in Administration of Justice and minor in Forensic Science. I have more than 200 hours of coursework and training that will enable me to be an efficient coroner such as: Medico-legal death investigation, criminal death investigation, crime scene documentation, crime scene investigation, drug analysis, fingerprinting.
As coroner I have a six-point plan that I will implement:
1. Compassion to the decedent and their family,
2. Professionalism within the office,
3. Accuracy and promptness in all investigations,
4. Diligence to keep office within budget and keep the cost to taxpayers at a minimum,
5. Research and planning of a much needed county morgue, and
6. Attempt to cut expenses and keep money within the region by retaining a pathologist. Using my criminal justice/forensic science education and my six-point plan I feel that I can be an asset to Pearl River County.
As your coroner, I will not hold dual employment and will make the office of coroner my only full-time job. I also hold no affiliations with any medical, mortuary or other private health services.
Please make your voice heard by voting in the upcoming elections. I ask the citizens of Pearl River County to please vote Lisa Roche Sanders for county coroner. May God bless you and your family.