By Alexandra Hedrick, Item Staff Writer
The Picayune Item
The Pearl River County Board of Supervisors voted to approve a grant application by County Planning Director Ed Pinero with the funds to be used for improvements to the electrical system, lighting system and exterior of the county courthouse.
The Community Heritage Preservation Grant is funded by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History. The county would be expected to finance 20 percent of the project and the grant would cover the other 80 percent, said Pinero.
Refer to the 9/4/13 print edition or the e-editon of the Picayune Item for further details of this story.